Delivering quality customer service is about having:
- Excellent communication skills.
- Digital proficiency (website, eCommerce and CMS).
- Great product knowledge.
- Sales know-how – so you can suggest additional items.
- Calm composure – for when things go wrong.
- An ambassadorial nature – especially when you are the first point of contact.
- Flexibility – the ability to juggle all of the above.
Use social media analysis and/or a customer satisfaction survey to find out how satisfied your customers are with your customer service.
Create a blue-print for your business
- Here's why a high quality customer service is so important.
- Have you any customer service improvement quick wins? Think big but start small. Fix the rotten things first.
- Do you start by focusing on the needs of your most profitable customers first?
- Follow these 12 rules to deliver the highest quality of service.
- Develop your ideal blueprint
- Measure and monitor performance.
See also customer expectations - online