What impression do you get from Naomi Johnson’s email signature? Credible, helpful, competent, trustworthy?
Use your email signature as a quick and effective way to build your brand, enhance your personal profile and engage with new and existing clients.
One thing to note. Graphically rich email signatures with pictures and social media icons may degrade in some instances as your email is forwarded/viewed on mobile devices. For more background on this subject, use this article or research the subject on Google.
5 ways to use your email signature to support your marketing strategy
- Inspire prospects to engage with your business proposition
Direct them to relevant, valuable content on your homepage, landing page or blog. Give them a reason to contact you or leave their contact details.
- Encourage them to read, explore and link to you on social media
Include a link to your personal or company accounts on sites such as Twitter, LinkedIn, Facebook, and Google+
- Promote networking events, conferences and trade shows that you are attending
- Advertise your current marketing offer, webinar, free consultation or promotional video
Whatever your strategy to recruit or retain clients, promote your offer/proposition within your email signature.
- Support your referrals strategy
Promote your referrals strategy by giving people a reason to refer you and forward your details to friends and colleagues.