A call-to-action is a combination of specific copy and graphics used to entice and persuade readers to take action.
Creating valuable content takes a lot of time, effort, and brainpower but your content must do more than simply inform; it must clarify and encourage the next step with a call to action
The two main types of CTA
- Soliciting the sale ‘Buy now'
This is the link that takes your visitor from the content to the next step in forming a business relationship or making the sale.
- Capturing the lead
The second tier for CTAs catches visitors while they’re considering your company, product, or service. Use these commands to collect email addresses through newsletter sign-up, white paper download forms, and other lead-generating tactics.
- Offer a free consultation.
- Create a trial version of your product.
- Invite the visitor to sign up for a product demonstration.
- Showcase an educational guide with advice on how to save time or avoid problems.
- Promote an off-line seminar.