With Google reporting that more than half of their search queries globally now come from mobile devices, it is becoming more and more evident how important it is to ensure your website is properly optimised for mobiles and tablets.
To check that your site is designed to be mobile friendly, please open it on your smartphone and run through this checklist.
- Is your eye immediately drawn to your key selling message and call to action?
- Is the content easy to read?
- Is the content easy to navigate?
- Is it obvious how a visitor can return to the home page?
- Are links difficult to click?
- Are contact details buried in awkward menus? Can you click and call the telephone number?
- Is the call to action obscured? Is it difficult to activate?
- Does the site load in less than three seconds?
- Does your site provide a good user experience?
- Is it somewhere where you would spend time, if it wasn’t your own site?
(Google also offers a free Mobile Friendly test for your website)
Has this checklist raised any concerns? If so then talk to your website developer about what needs to change. Improving your site’s mobile optimisation will help to capture more traffic – and increase sales conversions.