Like it or not, new customers will increasingly judge your business on what others say about you. Good or bad, their Google reviews will define your reputation and therefore the amount of new business success you’re likely to achieve.
Why invest time now in getting good Google reviews?
- Many potential customers will naturally contact the nearest firm with the most positive reviews.
- Good reviews also push your business up Google’s rankings, making it even more likely that your website will be viewed by prospective new clients.
- They give you a local advantage over bigger companies with bigger budgets.
Two things you’ll need in order to gain these benefits:
How to gain at least five good reviews
- Make a list of clients and suppliers who would be happy to give you a review.
- Call them. Be single-minded and straightforward about your intentions. Use the points above to make your case and demonstrate the value of Google reviews – both to you and them.
- If appropriate, motivate them by offering to reciprocate.
- Follow up with an email that tells them exactly what they need to do. This draft email copy will help.
Finally, go back to our advice on gaining testimonials. Convincing wavering prospects that you’re the best choice is key to new business success.