Why video is now a ‘must have’ on your website
If you check your bounce rate on Google Analytics you’re likely to see a figure over 50%. Although this is typical for the broker industry it still means that more than half of your visitors are leaving (bouncing away from) your website after just a glance at your homepage.
Getting potential customers to your website is hard enough without losing a large proportion of them at this early stage of the sales process.
So how do you stop this? How do you grab and hold their attention so that you can show them how you can help and then convince them to contact you?
The answer is to use an engaging introductory video.
Videos act as powerful sales tools because people prefer to look and listen so that everything is explained before they pick up the phone.
10 valuable reasons to use video on your website
- They keep visitors actively engaged on your website for longer.
- They help to build a relationship with these potential clients.
- They can be used to introduce your team and help to give your business a likeable personality. People like to buy from people they know.
- They can help to position you as an expert. People prefer to buy from experts.
- They are quick at delivering your message and great at explaining any complexities.
- Search engines love video, so your Google page rank should improve - especially if you add one or two targeted keywords in the video title, tags and description.
- They extend your reach if you add your video to social media.
- They can support your email marketing objectives.
- A good video will differentiate you from your competition.
- They make your business more memorable, which should help to encourage more prospects to return to your site.
Have a look at our guide to video marketing, below, to learn more about this.